Saturday, December 15, 2012

Danica, Tommy and Addi Arrive For A Visit

Our daughter, Danica, and her two little ones, Tommy and Addisyn, arrived today for a visit.  They are the first of our family or friends to come out and visit us in Texas and we REALLY love that they decided to come out!  We'll be doing some sightseeing while they are here so there will be more posts on this blog!


I didn't get much sleep last night because Danica and the kids started out yesterday and she drove straight through to Winter Ranch from Clive, Iowa. I called her I don't know how many times until around 4:00 AM when I finally went to sleep. Then I woke up at 9:00 AM and barely opened my eyes and I called her. She was on 281 heading out way by then and they all arrived in tact around 11:00 AM. We had lunch waiting for her and the kids. It was sure wonderful to see them. 

Grandpa taking the kiddos on their first golf cart ride

Tommy and Addi are ready to swim
After lunch Danica went over to the motel to get some long needed sleep and we took Tommy and Addi swimming. We had a great time.  I played shark and chased them around and they went to Grandpa to be saved!   They were pretty well rested because they slept almost the whole way here. The kids didn't seem to have any problems this year with knowing who we were and so we had a great time.


Addi is ready for a Picnic Dinner

Danica and her Dad
 Danica arrived looking much more rested and in time for dinner. I had made BBQ ribs in the crock pot and we also had some cole slaw and broasted potatoes. I made a chocolate dessert over angel food cake and Addi really enjoyed it.

Tommy is ready to eat
 
Addi got a bit of dessert on her face

Lee took them on a tour of Winter Ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment