Thursday, April 15, 2021

Arriving at Waxahachie, Texas

 Today has been rainy most of the day. We had a bright spot in it though. We met my long time girlfriend, Cathy Pierce, in Waxahachie at our hotel for the night. She lives in Grand Prairie now and so she drove over to meet us today. We were planning on doing some wildflower viewing with her today and then going out to eat but instead we went out to eat at a "new to all of us" restaurant called Tuscan Slice. The food was fantastic and so I hope we see one of these show up in the Valley one of these days. I had Chicken Marsala, Lee had Lasagna, and Cathy had The Tuscan Trio, 2 Manicotti's and a Cannelloni. The bread was delicious. We all had leftovers when we left.

                                                                               

                                                                             Cathy


Cathy holding a piece of the wonderful bread they serve at The Tuscan Slice



Me and Cathy

Cathy and I have been the best of friend since 9th grade. She lived around the corner from N Street in Cedar Rapids but I had never even seen her until I walked home my first day at St. Patrick's High School. That day we became friends for life! So, it was great to see her in person instead of just chatting on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment