Wednesday, December 29, 2021

In Search of the Bat Falcon at the Santa Ana wildlife Refuge

Yesterday we managed to see the Bat Falcon on a pole right outside the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge Entrance. Unfortunately, he waited until dusk to show up and our pictures were not good. So today we decided to try to find him at the Towers in the park where he was seen around 3 PM the day before. 

The following are pictures we took on the way to the towers. 





Lee climbed the tower and stayed up there for awhile but came down discouraged. I sat down below hoping I could see the bird in the trees. However, the park was so full of people today that if the bird showed up, he would probably just fly into the brush and stay hidden. And the bugs were relentless today. I used my vanilla lotion, as usual, when we go and the mosquitos seemed to hungry to care about it today. I managed to keep most of them off of me but I got some horrendous bites on my upper arm and I was wearing long sleeves. 

With all the people there today, we just decided that we would probably never get a good look at him today so we left. It was a bummer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment