Friday, February 2, 2018

Kite Festival in South Padre Island



We picked the wrong day to come to the festival this year. We went on Friday and although the air temperature was supposed to be in the 60's the wind was coming in from the north and it was bloody cold. BRRRRR!

We all thought we brought enough clothes to keep warm, I had a sweatshirt and three jackets piled one on top of the other and I was still freezing. Needless to say we didn't stay very long.



























We watched about 5 or 6 fliers and then we joined the rest of the people that were heading back to their cars. I was never so cold in my life. Of course, I paid dearly for it as I am now home with the flu and with a terrible case of laryngitis. 

Saturday they had great weather but I was in bed all day! RATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment